Our Annual Summit “Journeying towards Sustainable Supply Chains: is Greenwashing Avoidable?” will take place on Wednesday 1 June, 16:30-19:30 CET. To register, click here.
In a world of global supply chains, ensuring transparency throughout a product’s lifecycle can be a daunting challenge for companies: it requires a shift in mindset, rules, and traceability among various economic operators within a supply chain. Regulators are currently considering how new legislative requirements and financing instruments can trigger and support this change. For example, the EU is developing a regulatory framework aimed at introducing due diligence for sustainability across supplies chains as part of the EU Green Deal. Given the deeply intertwined natures of global economies, it is possible that European measures will have global spill-overs and will affect markets across the world.
TIC Council will bring together policymakers, industry captains, NGOs and legal experts, who will engage in a dialogue addressing the growing political and legal challenges of embedding sustainability into supply chains, while avoiding greenwashing.
16:30 - 17:45 PANEL I “Regulatory framework: a driver or a hurdle?”
Moderator: Dr. Michael Fübi, CEO of TÜV Rheinland, President of TIC Council
- Thomas Gangl, CEO of Borealis
- Patrick Thomas, Chairman of the Board at Johnson Matthey, Member of the Board of COVESTRO
- Vanya Vulperhorst, Campaign Director Illegal Fishing and Transparency, Oceana Europe
- Ramakrishnan Mukundan, Chairman CII-IQ and CII-Environment
18:00 - 19:30 PANEL II “Building an ecosystem of trust”
Moderator: Karin Athanas, Executive Director of TIC Council Americas
- Jeffrey Weiss, Lead Steptoe Supply Chain Team
- Marco Carlo Rossi, Director for Standardization and Technical Policy, International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
- David Antonioli, CEO of Verra
- Peter Kronvall, Co-Chair of Accreditation Body Information Exchange Group (ABIEG), International Accreditation Forum (IAF)
- Jonathan Harrison, Managing Director HOULIHAN LOKEY
- Lacroix, CEO, Intertek
The event will be closed by MEP Pascal Durand, Rapporteur on Corporate Sustainability Reporting.