Companies which are not TIC Council members (formerly IFIA) may put forward candidates for examination following completion of a registration process and payment of an application fee.
Companies must be independent inspection organisations providing third-party inspection services. These services must include the inspection of load or discharge of bulk cargoes of crude oil and/or petroleum products to or from ships or barges for custody transfer. Companies must possess the ability to provide training and ongoing assessment of inspectors which meets the requirements of the certification programme. Companies may be required to demonstrate this ability.
Companies which wish to apply for registration should download and complete the following form:
The completed form, with supporting documents, should be scanned and returned to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure that all sections are completed.
When the completed application form has been received, an application fee of EUR 650 will be charged. An invoice for this sum will be issued by TIC Council and will include instructions for payment. This fee must be paid before the application can be considered and is not refundable. Payment of this fee does not imply or guarantee that an application will be successful.
Companies must provide the following information with their request for registration:
- Company ownership and registration details (company must have been active in independent petroleum/petrochemical inspection for a minimum of three years)
- Brief description of services provided in relation to bulk cargoes of crude oil and/or petroleum products
- Brief description (roughly one paragraph) explaining how training and auditing of staff is conducted
- Names and contact details of company safety and training officers
- Minimum three references from a number of clients to which independent inspection services have been provided (must be from seperate entities with no conflict of interest to the applicant).
- A copy of company Code of Ethics and Health and Safety Policy must be provided
Non TIC Council Member Companies which provide this information and satisfy the requirements noted above will be registered with TIC Council and will be permitted to submit candidates for examination and certification. Registration will be subject to renewal after five years, and an application fee will be payable on renewal. A reduced application fee (EUR 325) will be payable if the renewal application (including supporting documents) is received, and the renewal fee paid, within 3 months of the date of expiry of the original registration.
Step by step guides to the examination application and appointment booking process are available below to download.